The new Transparent Reference XL 110-Ohm Digital Link is a new cable that uses these latest technical advances to reach a level of purity and ease never before achieved by any digital cable, even Transparent’s own Reference 110-Ohm Digital Link. Reference XL 110-Ohm Digital Link uses Transparent Advanced Expanded Foam Technology for precise impedance control and low noise signal transmission. With 2 solid OFHC conductors that are significantly larger than Reference 110-Ohm Digital Link conductors, Reference XL 110-Ohm Digital Link has far more surface area with which to transfer digital signals accurately. It also features improved connector and termination technologies.
Reference XL 110-Ohm Digital Link achieves a new level of ease — both in dynamic range and in full frequency range — and is ideally suited to the very best separate digital components. Its extremely low noise floor allows it to reveal harmonic texture and spatial information in ways more natural and compelling than any other digital cable design we have ever tried or tested.
- Two very large polished, solid core OFHC balanced conductors.
- Precision twisted balanced conductors cancel out noise.
- Super quiet Advanced Expanded Foam Technology ensures superior stability of characteristic AES/EBU impedance.
- Two high coverage OFHC braided shields separated by a mylar coated foil shield keep noise out.
- Custom designed XLR housings
- Gold XLR contacts for maximum signal transfer.
- New connector design and termination techniques drop noise floor even more than was previously thought possible.