Small packages can hold amazing things. The Codex is hand built in Colorado and perfect to start your first system or begin your second. Equally at home as a stand alone DAC, headphone amp, or digital preamp, the Codex can unlock the potential of any system. A fully-balanced signal path throughout the analog circuitry provides an inherently clean and quiet backdrop for your music. The zero-feedback design maintains all of the pace and rhythm of your favorite artist, rendering your digital music as effortlessly as if it were live.
“30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee:
At Ayre, we are confident that you will love the sound of our products and their outstanding build quality. If for any reason you aren’t happy with your Codex purchase, contact us within 30-days of receiving it and we will arrange for its return, issuing you a return authorization number and arranging a call tag or shipping label to return your product. Once we have evaluated that the returned product is in like-new condition with all packaging and accessories, we will issue a FULL refund. Please note that this policy applies to US sales only that are purchased through our Superphonica store or directly from Ayre Acoustics.”
- USB and Optical (Toslink) inputs
- Headphone outputs Two 3.5mm mini-phone jacks. One ¼” phone jack.
- 3.5mm mini-phone jacks configurable to balanced mode.
- Asynchronous transfer mode for USB input.
- DSD or PCM input over USB.
- Minimum phase digital filter.
- Single-pass 16x oversampling.
- Ayre’s exclusive Diamond output circuit
- Linear analog AyreLock power supply
- zero-feedback, fully–balanced discrete circuitry.
- Equilock circuitry for active gain devices.
Headphone or Preamp Mode : 7.0 volts balanced, 3.5 volts single-ended
DAC Mode : 4.0 volts balanced, 2.0 volts single-ended
USB : PCM 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz (up to 24 bits), DSD64, DSD128
Optical input (Toslink)
2.25″W x 9″D x 5.25″H (5.5 cm x 23 cm x 13.7 cm)
3 pounds (1.4 kg)Weight