Plenty of power.
The Constellation Audio Inspiration INTEGRATED 1.0 is the newest member of Constellation Audio’s most affordable Inspiration Series, and joins its preamplifier and amplifier line-mates in delivering the performance that is expected from Constellation Audio at a more affordable price. Delivering plenty of power, 100 wpc into 8 Ohms (and twice that into 4), a full array of balanced and single-ended inputs and outputs, a home theater bypass, and an included headphone amp, the Inspiration INTEGRATED 1.0 provides the easiest entrance into the world of Constellation Audio.
Custom-designed binding posts.
Like all Constellation Audio products, the Inspiration INTEGRATED 1.0 takes full advantage of shared family technologies. Its design is based on the award-winning Inspiration PREAMP 1.0 and STEREO 1.0, combining the preamplifier and half of the stereo amplifier on a single chassis. The custom-designed binding posts are the same binding posts used on our Performance Series Centaur and Reference Series Hercules.
- Pure Constellation sound in a compact chassis
- 100-watt-per-channel Balanced Bridged amplification
- Two XLR and two RCA inputs plus headphone output
- Perfectly balanced Line Stage Gain Module preamp stage
- Large toroidal transformer with dual-mono rectifiers and capacitor bank
- Advanced control system for exceptional versatility and precision
- 432 x 230-pixel high-contrast front touchscreen
- Resistor-ladder volume control, digitally controlled through a smooth-spinning volume knob
- Home theater bypass feature
- Chassis is made from machined 8.2mm aluminum slabs, thick enough to block any electromagnetic radiation encountered in the home
- Audio circuits are well shielded from each other and from the power supply
- Soft, pliable isolators ‘float’ the sensitive line-level circuits so that they will not be affected by external vibration
- Machined aluminum wireless remote provides control of key functions
- Inputs: 2 XLR, 2 RCA, USB and RS-232 (for service and control systems), 3.5mm jack for 12-volt trigger
- Outputs: Argento Clamps speaker cable connectors, XLR balanced line-level, 1/4″ headphone jack
- Power output, 8 ohms (1 kHz @ 1% THD+N): 100 W
- Power output, 4 ohms (1 kHz @ 1% THD+N): 200 W
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-0.5dB; -2.7dB at 200 kHz
- Gain: 31 dB
- Volume control resolution: 0.5 dB steps from 0 dB to -99.5 dBFS
- THD+N (1 kHz @ 25W into 8 ohms): 0.035%
- Output impedance: 0.125 ohms
- Damping factor (8 ohm load): 64
- Input impedance: 20K ohms unbalanced, 40K ohms balanced
- Output noise: -84 dB A-weighted
- Dimensions: 17″ wide x 5.5″ high x 19″ deep
- Weight: 43 lbs.
“I’m not sure I’ve heard another integrated amp that resolves individual image detail and arrays of complex images with the precision that the 1.0 conveys. As I listened to the close-miked recording of violinist Arturo Delmoni from Songs My Mother Taught Me [Water Lily], the 1.0 captured what to my ears was the correct amount of transient intensity off the bow and soundboard along with the trailing richness and resonance that followed.”
“Such was the tonal honesty and transparency of this integrated that I just couldn’t stop myself from grabbing one vinyl favorite after another and in a sense rediscovering sonic charms and, in some instances, catching a tiny musical revelation that I’d heretofore missed. “
“I would be remiss not to mention that the headphone amp’s performance was equally transparent, noise-free, and dynamic. … I have nothing but praise for the headphone circuit. “
“If you haven’t guessed, I’m very taken with this amp. To my way of thinking it’s nothing short of a new high for the bottom of the line.”
– Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound magazine, May/June, 2018