1. Shipping Your Items
Sellers are responsible for shipping their sold items to buyers. If you’re using a shipping or fulfillment service, please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive the item(s) they purchased.
By selling on Superphonica, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate “ships from” address.
- Specify shipping policy and processing times in your listings. Make reasonable effort to provide costs when applicable.
- Ship items promptly after they are sold. Prompt shipping means that you ship each item within 5 days of purchase, unless you specify otherwise in your processing time or agree to a different shipping period with the buyer.
- Comply with all local and international shipping and customs regulations. We know that international shipping and customs regulations can be complicated, so please review United Parcel Service Shipping Guide.
- Shipping to the wrong address is likely to result in a non-delivery case, so make sure to ship to the confirmed address in PayPal or Escrow.
- When you ship an item, we recommend that you provide notification to buyer with tracking information.
- Charge an appropriate amount for shipping. US sellers can calculate shipping by accessing UPS, FedEx or USPS. This is an estimation only and can fluctuate, so please be cognizant of this factor.
In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of shipping. Valid proof of shipping must show that the item actually was shipped and that it was sent to the address provided from buyer in relation to; (1) PayPal or (2) Escrow.com. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a dispute with their payment processing firm.
2. Shipping Labels
3. Shipping Insurance
The cost of a shipping label will depend on the origin, destination, weight, and dimensions of the package. If you add signature confirmation or insurance, those fees will be added to the total cost of the label at the point of purchase. Fee charges and responsibilities are the sole discretion of the seller and should be defined within store policies.